Friday 19 March 2010

Critical Investigation Personalized Plan

Detailed Targets

1. More research into book quotes. Specially looking at how the trends of housewives and other teen movies. Also, I need to look into more texts that include female protagonists. This can help me to improve my essay because; I can compare my chosen text to many other different ones, allowing me to do a comparison of them. This may include texts from the 80’s and 90’s. This will demonstrate significant research and engagement with the primary text(s) and a range of secondary texts.

2. Secondly, I need to look into the wider contexts and the position of women in society and whether films reflect upon this or not. This will help me to identify if the representation of females in film have an impact upon women on the outside world. This is because; in today’s society many young teenage females see actors as role models and have this sense of being just like them. Therefore; they copy them and watch them on screen.

3. Thirdly, on the 2nd page of my essay I need to include a decent amount of media keywords as that is lacking at the moment. Using media terminology in near enough every sentence will not only help me improve but will show the examiner that I know what I’m talking about.

4. Further, I need to talk a bit more about representation and stereotypes of the female girls and the effect upon the audience. This will help to improve my essay because, I want to show that I am exploring the chosen topic and demonstrating autonomous research and exploration.

5. What’s more, I need to work on my bibliography as I need to include works cited and works consulted. Though, I yet need to conduct a significant amount of book research and find more quotes, I will do this at the very end as I will want my bibliography to be detailed, making use of a range of academic, media and contextual sources.

Next Steps – How to Improve

In order to develop upon my critical investigation I will be doing the following:
1. Go to the library – I will improve by going to different libraries in the borough to look at a range of different books, in order to gather effective quotes to include in my essay.

2. More time – I will take out more time to read over my essay and look at the feedback I have received carefully. Also, I will take out at least 1 hour everyday after school to work on my essay to make changes.

3. More research – Also, to improve I am going to read more books and research into the topic of teenage girls in a bit more depth. Looking at the influences and the impacts this may have upon the audience.

Overall Grade

Well, after reading through my essay, I believe that it is written as an average piece of work, which can actually be improved upon by at least one level. After looking at the marking criteria, I have myself a Level 2 – D/E. Reasons being because, I have only explored the chosen topic and demonstrating some evidence of research and exploration. Yet, I believe that I can appropriately present my work with a functional bibliography/source list and show that significant research has been undertaken.

Marked Grade - D+

No comments:

Post a Comment